A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. They are made of titanium, which is lightweight, strong and biocompatible, which means that it is not rejected by the body. Titanium and titanium alloys are the most widely used metals in both dental and other bone implants, such as orthopedic joint replacements. Dental implants have the highest success rate of any implanted surgical device. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
At Wisdom Dental Clinics we treat our patients for all these conditions Replacing a Single Tooth ‐ If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it. Replacing Several Teeth ‐ If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them. Replacing All of Your Teeth ‐ If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
– Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
– With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
– Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
– Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
– Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
– Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
– Durability.Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
– Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care, implants can last a lifetime.
Fix your appointment for consulation today at Wisdom Dental Clinics